Jeff and I traveled back to our native land this weekend, good-ol' PA. We got up bright & early on Saturday morning and got to his mother's house by noon-ish. The first thing we had to do was go get PIZZA!!! There's nothing like a real italian (PA) pizza, calzone and italian hoagie. The three of us were completely satisfied. After that Jeff spent time with his mother while I went and spent an hour with my sister getting a massage! Then I went to my mother's house and she had a great suggestion to travel to Peddler's Village to do a little window shopping. It was beautiful. It was decorated so well with all the Christmas lights and it was so festive - it would put anyone in the Christmas Spirit. When I got back to Jeff & his mom, to my surprise, they were playing a card game. It was a Monopoly card game and it is a lot of fun! We played late into the evening. What a great day.
The next morning we all woke up and traveled to my sister's house where her & her husband made us breakfast. It was so good. Quinn and Eva (two of the four youngest kids) were being good hosts in keeping us entertained. Eva (1 year) was all smiles. My sister just got a bunch of kittens too so I was in heaven. After that we went back to Jeff's mother's house for a few more hours and then we were off once again. This time over to my grandfather's house. Almost everyone was there. My grandfather, dad, step mom, sister with all four children, my cousin, Aunt & Uncle. We played with the kids, talked, exchanged some gifts, ate good food and broke out the monopoly card game! Another great day.
It was short but sweet. One of the better PA visits for me. We're so lucky to have everyone close by to get a hug from them all. I wish I wouldn't have forgotten the camera. errrr...