Happy New Year Everyone! We hope you had a wonderful holiday season.
We spent Christmas morning together in our house. There were gifts, a yummy breakfast, we called our family, and watched a Christmas movie.
We celebrated Jeff's birthday with gifts, dinner and a movie. (http://armsbyabbey.com/ and http://www.avatarmovie.com/)
New Years was here in a flash. My sister came up with all four kids and a neighbor friend. Needless to say, it was a full house. We played games, made crafts, did some baking & cooking. The kids enjoyed some snow while they were here and brought their sleds along. They were so distracted with their computers and DS's (Nintendo) that at times, my sister and I were actually able to spend a few minutes to chat!
Now the holidays have come & gone so we're back to work. One week of work went by like usual and we were looking forward to a weekend free to do whatever we want. And we did ...until I got a call from my manager on Monday afternoon telling me that she felt I needed to come into work for a mandatory meeting. Jeff called around to some of his co-workers to find out what was going on but everyone was saying it was a normal day. I did go, wondering the whole drive if it was going to be something really good or really bad.
Unfortunately at the meeting, the President of Preclinical Services told us that despite all the hard work, time and effort, corporate had decided it is going to cease operations at the Shrewsbury site.
We celebrated Jeff's birthday with gifts, dinner and a movie. (http://armsbyabbey.com/ and http://www.avatarmovie.com/)
New Years was here in a flash. My sister came up with all four kids and a neighbor friend. Needless to say, it was a full house. We played games, made crafts, did some baking & cooking. The kids enjoyed some snow while they were here and brought their sleds along. They were so distracted with their computers and DS's (Nintendo) that at times, my sister and I were actually able to spend a few minutes to chat!
Now the holidays have come & gone so we're back to work. One week of work went by like usual and we were looking forward to a weekend free to do whatever we want. And we did ...until I got a call from my manager on Monday afternoon telling me that she felt I needed to come into work for a mandatory meeting. Jeff called around to some of his co-workers to find out what was going on but everyone was saying it was a normal day. I did go, wondering the whole drive if it was going to be something really good or really bad.
Unfortunately at the meeting, the President of Preclinical Services told us that despite all the hard work, time and effort, corporate had decided it is going to cease operations at the Shrewsbury site.
Jeff and I are trying to be optimistic about the situation. When life shuts a door, another one opens. We are on our way to new life adventures. As scary as the uncertain & unknown may be, we are both looking forward to it. We aren’t 100% sure what’s going to happen or what new jobs we will be looking into as this is still too new for us. You can be sure that we'll be posting the news as we get it.